School Days Picture
Looking for a way to make your school photo look truly unique? Create your own one-of-a-kind picture frame to give as a gift or display at home.
1. Measure your school picture. With Crayola® Scissors, cut heavy paper or cardboard to go on the back of your picture. Leave a wide border all around your photo so you can make a frame around it.
2. Mount your picture in the middle of the backing with a Crayola Glue Stick. If you wish, decorate the area closest to your photo with Crayola Crayons.
3. Use different colors of Crayola Model Magic to form a border around your picture. Damp Model Magic sticks to itself, so just press the sections together. You could add borders around the edges of the frame. You might want to decorate it with small replicas of sports equipment, music notes, or other symbols of your talents.
4. To write words or numerals, roll a contrasting color of Model Magic into snakes. Spell your name, school name, or the year, for example. Gently press them on your damp frame. Air-dry the frame.
5. Use Crayola School Glue to attach the frame to your mounted photo. Air-dry the frame. It’s ready to wrap as a gift—or to keep as a memory of your school year.
Adult supervision is required for any arts & crafts project. Observe children closely and intervene as necessary to prevent potential safety problems and ensure appropriate use of arts and crafts materials. Some craft items, particularly beads and buttons, are potential choking hazards for young children. Avoid use of such small parts with children younger than 3 years. Craft items such as scissors, push pins and chenille sticks may have sharp points or edges. Avoid use of materials with sharp points by children younger than 4 years. Read all manufacturers' safety warnings before using arts and craft supplies.
Crayola Modeling Materials including Crayola Model Magic®, and Model Magic Fusion™, Crayola Air-Dry Clay, and Crayola Dough—
- Keep away from open flames. Do not use to make candleholders, hot plates, trivets, or other similar objects that will be used or placed near fire and other heat sources.
- Do not put in an oven, microwave, or kiln.
- Do not make into vessels/containers that will hold unpackaged food.
- The use of modeling material to make items that look like food is discouraged for children younger than age 5 to avoid their confusion with real food.
- Unless sealed with a water-resistant glaze, do not make projects exposed to or immersed in water, such as boats or outdoor bird feeders. They would disintegrate when exposed to moisture.
- Crayola Dough—contains gluten (wheat flour) as an ingredient.
- Crayola Air-Dry Clay, Crayola Model Magic and Model Magic Fusion are gluten-free. However, they are produced on the same machinery as Crayola Dough which does contain gluten. Although the machines are cleaned prior to the start of each production run, there is a slight possibility that trace amounts of gluten from Crayola Dough may be present in the other modeling compound products. For information regarding specific ingredients or allergic concerns, please call our Consumer Affairs department at 1-800-272-9652 weekdays between 9 AM and 4 PM Eastern Standard Time.
Scissors—ATTENTION: The cutting edges of scissors are sharp and care should be taken whenever cutting or handling. Blunt-tip scissors should be used only by children 4 years and older. Pointed-tip scissors should be used only by children 6 years and older.
- Read a biography of a famous person and draw a portrait of them. Use Model Magic to create a frame for your portrait. Include sculpted pieces that represent important aspects of that person’s life.
- Design these frames for all the art that you create. Decorate frames for family photos. Model Magic is so light you can add magnets and hang your work on the refrigerator!