Poetic Teapot Card
What is almost as comforting as a hug? Why a mug of tea, of course! Create this lovely teapot, add an acrostic and a tea bag, and you have a loving gift for someone special.
1. With Crayola® Colored Pencils, list the contributions your mother, father, or another loved one makes in your life.
2. Fold a large sheet of white construction paper in half and place the fold at the top. With colored pencils, outline a large teapot so the top of the lid fits along the fold. Cut out the teapot with Crayola Scissors, remembering not to cut the edge of the lid that is on the fold.
3. Ask an adult for help to slightly fold the card and make a slit in the middle of your teapot. Cut it wide enough to put in a teabag. Decorate the front of the teapot using Crayola Washable Markers and Crayola Glitter Glue.
4. Using the contribution list that you wrote earlier, write an acrostic poem using the letters of MOTHER, FATHER, the recipient's first name, or some other fitting word. Rewrite the poem on the inside of the card. Decorate around the poem.
Adult supervision is required for any arts & crafts project. Observe children closely and intervene as necessary to prevent potential safety problems and ensure appropriate use of arts and crafts materials. Some craft items, particularly beads and buttons, are potential choking hazards for young children. Avoid use of such small parts with children younger than 3 years. Craft items such as scissors, push pins and chenille sticks may have sharp points or edges. Avoid use of materials with sharp points by children younger than 4 years. Read all manufacturers' safety warnings before using arts and craft supplies.
Glitter Glue— WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD—Small parts. Not for children under 3 years. Not for use on skin.
Scissors—ATTENTION: The cutting edges of scissors are sharp and care should be taken whenever cutting or handling. Blunt-tip scissors should be used only by children 4 years and older. Pointed-tip scissors should be used only by children 6 years and older.
- Create a large mug of coffee or a coffee pot and add an individual packet of coffee. Add poem about the person's love of coffee. Personalize it with a name on the mug.
- Students make a candy jar card and add pieces of candy to it for a festive flair. Add poems or verses inside the card.