New Year’s Resolutions
Stick to your New Year’s resolutions! It’s easy when you create a doorknob reminder with Crayola® Color Sticks.
1. Cut out two long triangular shapes out of constructions paper with Crayola Scissors. Use the entire length of the construction paper making the top of the triangle about 3 inches (7 cm) and the bottom about 6 inches (15 cm). For younger children, an adult can complete this step ahead of time.
2. Cut one of the triangular shapes in half and attach the bottom edge and two sides onto the long triangular shape with a glue stick. Leave the top edge open creating a pocket.
3. Use a circular shape about the size of a doorknob to trace on the top half of the triangular door hanger and cut it out.
4. Draw a bold and colorful design on the doorhanger and color it with Crayola Color Sticks. Lay the Color Sticks on their side to cover larger areas. Be creative and layer one color over another to create a mixed hue.
5. Add some sparkly details with Crayola Glitter Glue. Set aside to air-dry thoroughly.
6. Take another piece of construction paper and cut five strips about 1 inch (2 cm) by 6 inches (15 cm) with scissors.
7. Color each strip with Color Sticks to complement the doorhanger.
8. Use a Crayola Marker to write a resolution on each strip.
9. Place the resolutions strips into the pocket and hang on your door.
Adult supervision is required for any arts & crafts project. Observe children closely and intervene as necessary to prevent potential safety problems and ensure appropriate use of arts and crafts materials. Some craft items, particularly beads and buttons, are potential choking hazards for young children. Avoid use of such small parts with children younger than 3 years. Craft items such as scissors, push pins and chenille sticks may have sharp points or edges. Avoid use of materials with sharp points by children younger than 4 years. Read all manufacturers' safety warnings before using arts and craft supplies.
Glitter Glue— WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD—Small parts. Not for children under 3 years. Not for use on skin.
Adult Assistance is required for this arts & crafts project.
Scissors—ATTENTION: The cutting edges of scissors are sharp and care should be taken whenever cutting or handling. Blunt-tip scissors should be used only by children 4 years and older. Pointed-tip scissors should be used only by children 6 years and older.
- Have student track accomplishment rate of New Year’s resolutions. Create a chart and report percentage of success.
- Have students make academic related New Year’s goals.
- Write an essay reflecting on past year and goals for the New Year.
- Assessment: Students formulate and write New Year’s resolutions and share information with the class.