Aim for Your Goal
Capture the sweet sense of success and boost self-esteem, envisioning the accomplishment of personal goals in an original work of art.
1. Why is it important to set reasonable goals for yourself? How is setting goals similar to athletic events or musical performances, where training and practice relate directly to success and growth? Think of one goal you have set for yourself. Is your goal athletic? Academic? Social?
2. With Crayola® Erasable Colored Pencils, write a short story about your goal and achievement in a sport, music, or other area. Outline the steps you took, or are taking, to succeed. Describe how it will feel to accomplish your goal.
3. Cover a table top with recycled newspaper. Use Crayola Washable Paint and Brushes, to paint a dramatic picture of yourself achieving your goal. Imagine how delighted you will be. Dry your painting on a flat surface.
4. With Crayola Washable Markers, add important details to your painting, such as outlines, background patterns, or facial features.
5. Attach your story to your painting with a Crayola Washable Glue Stick for display.
Adult supervision is required for any arts & crafts project. Observe children closely and intervene as necessary to prevent potential safety problems and ensure appropriate use of arts and crafts materials. Some craft items, particularly beads and buttons, are potential choking hazards for young children. Avoid use of such small parts with children younger than 3 years. Craft items such as scissors, push pins and chenille sticks may have sharp points or edges. Avoid use of materials with sharp points by children younger than 4 years. Read all manufacturers' safety warnings before using arts and craft supplies.
Crayola Washable Paints—Not for use as body/face paint.
- Consider long-term and short-term goals. Visualize steps to complete a difficult task. Create a chart to record progress.
- Interview or read stories about athletes, musicians, community volunteers, and others who have overcome challenges to reach their goals. Why did they persevere?