Powered By The Sun
With the help of over 30,000 solar panels that are installed at Crayola headquarters in Easton, Pa., we are powering our factory with electricity made from the sun.
Crayons and Markers Made With Solar Power
- A billion crayons and 500 million markers a year are made using solar power. How will you know? Look for specially marked boxes of Crayola crayons and markers.
- During the crayon making process any chipped or broken crayons are remelted in the mixer so there is no waste.
Markers Made With Recycled Plastic
- Crayola marker plugs are made with recycled plastic.
- Plastic scraps from making marker casings are crushed into tiny pellets and put back into the system. There is very little waste.
Colored Pencils Made With Reforested Wood
- The wood used in Crayola colored pencils comes from reforested trees.
- For every tree used, another of the same kind is planted.
- We do not use wood from tropical rainforests or endangered species.