The Crayola corporate contributions program includes cash and product donations to nonprofit organizations that address the needs of children and young adults through projects in the arts, education, health and welfare, and civic areas. Special consideration is given to nonprofit organizations with which employees serve in a volunteer capacity. Funding is concentrated on specific programs or capital campaign projects rather than general operational support, galas and other fundraising events and event sponsorship.
Direct funding and product donations are limited to nonprofit organizations in Lehigh and Northampton Counties in Pennsylvania, along with the cities of Kutztown, Pa. and Phillipsburg, N.J. Product donations outside of these areas are made through Gifts In Kind .
Key Lehigh Valley funding initiatives include:
- ArtsQuest/Banana Factory/Musikfest
- The State Theatre
- United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley annual campaign
- Great Valley Council - Girl Scouts
- Minsi Trails Council - Boy Scouts
- The American Cancer Society
- The Bach Choir of Bethlehem
- Turning Point of the Lehigh Valley
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Project of Easton
A rich arts environment ensures a high quality of life for all citizens and provides economic vitality to our community. Crayola is committed to the visual arts by the very nature of the Crayola® brand.
In considering requests for support, priority is given to arts organizations that stress excellence and community participation, especially where children are involved. Special consideration is given to programs that stress visual arts.
Performing arts organizations and public broadcasting programs will be considered if the proposed programs complement the company's long-term strategies aimed at encouraging hands-on creative expression.
Additional support for arts organizations is possible through the employee matching-gifts program.
Crayola is committed to enhancing education opportunities at all levels with a strong emphasis on early childhood, special needs and quality arts-in-education initiatives.
Additional support for elementary, secondary and higher education is in the form of an employee matching-gifts program and an employee college tuition reimbursement program.
Health and Welfare
The Lehigh Valley United Way receives the majority of the corporate funding allocated to this area. Crayola normally refrains from making annual contributions to agencies that receive United Way funding.
Priorities in funding are made to agencies and programs that serve disadvantaged children, the elderly and the disabled.
A small portion of our annual funding is reserved for civic programs and events.
Areas Not Funded
Crayola does not generally provide support for the following:
- Nonprofit organizations outside Lehigh and Northampton Counties, Pa.; Kutztown, Pa. and Phillipsburg, N.J.
- Capital Projects
- Multi-year campaigns
- Religious organizations
- Fraternal organizations (Rotary, Lions, Kiwanis)
- Political organizations (election committees)
- National or international organizations
- Individual child care centers
- Nursing and convalescent homes
- Conventions, seminars and conferences
- Endowment funds
- Labor groups
- Social clubs
- Veterans organizations
- Athletic organizations
- Government agencies
In addition, organizations eligible for support generally will not be funded when the purpose is to cover any of the following:
- Past operating deficits or travel expenses
- Non-product goodwill advertising
- Undefined operational support
- Tickets for or tables to special events
- Advertising in programs